News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Align Track Components, Measureing Distance

Started by warcry2oo2, January 10, 2020, 07:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warcry2oo2

Hello,
I'm a new user of this track design program/app, very helpfull, but after some hours working with this tool I miss the function for rotating the track components in steps, i.e. while pressing CTRL and rotate the track by mouse it should rotate in 15° step, while pressing ALT and rotate it always vertical or horizontal, means 0° 90° 180° 270°.

I know this from many other programs and this is very helpful. I know you can open the rotate menu and can set an angle very exact, but if one time the part is rotate by mouse you need to delete it or snap it to a other track component with an known angle.

Also I miss a exact measure tool, if I want design a house, railroad station or want create a flex track I want to know a exact distance from edge to edge.

Hope you understand want I miss, sorry for my not perfect English, my native language is German.

Thank you in advance, best regards
Warcry2oo2

Keesoldscool

Rotating:
- Click right button of the mouse, trackpiece will turn green.
- Then choose 'Drehen'. It is poosible to rotate in 1/4 of a degree.

Measure tool:
- Click 'Einfügen'
- Click 'Maßband einfügen'
- Click on Maßband. It turns green over the length. (Don't click arrow, if you accidentily do it ligth's up purple)
- New menu pops up and you can change the 'Maßband' the way you want.

If you want to know the detail of a trackpiece, cursor on pice, right mouseclick and 'Details'.

Best regards,

Kees
Grtz. Kees

warcry2oo2

Hello Kees,
thank you, this helps a lot, I don't see the fixed angle butons down the rotate menu, I'm to old...

The "Maßband" rotation is also to set the angle like this, but when I grap the arrows and go move the arrow to the edge of my building, the angle is not fixed and I change always the angle a little bit.
Also I can't setup an length for the "Maßband", I use the flex trak now for this and this fixes my issue.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Warcry2oo2