News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

AnyRail 5.25.2 - cannot download user objects

Started by athe0000, April 03, 2020, 03:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

athe0000

Hi,

I'm using AnyRail 5, and whenver I attempt to download the user objects, I get "Download failed" error. The numbers in the bottom left are 0/3/25127. I can see the 3 items that are downloaded, but the download never continues any further.

I haven't upgraded to 6 as I've not had any need (my license is for 4 & 5). Are downloads still working for v5?

EDIT: forgot to mention, I've added an "allow" rule to Windows firewall, so that's not the issue.

Regards,
Craig.

David

I think there's an offending new user object that is not correctly downloaded by the old version 5.

Is it very important? It might be hard to fix this.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

athe0000

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I realise it's an old version of the software, so isn't going to be a priority.

Is it possible to get a manual download of user objects (or at least those for HO) that I can manually extract to the object location?

I remember when I could download that there were a number of useful objects (i.e. better defined than a rectangle) for a couple of models I have or am considering for my layout, and would be great to have them.

Regards,
Craig.