News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

List of materials not updating after making changes

Started by stecks, April 11, 2020, 01:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stecks

Hi folks.

I struggle at the best of times, and I used the Peco N track library, but mixed code 80 and code 55 inadvertently. I wanted code 55, so I made all the changes. When I looked at the list of materials it didn't reflect my new track - it included several items of code 80. I tried closing down and reopening. I also copied all the track pieces and pasted them into a new file, but the system had the same, wrong list of materials.

I tried searching this forum and more widely, on line. That's where I got the idea to copy just the track pieces and paste them into a new file - but that didn't work.

All the track is now code 55, but here is a copy of the list of materials.

Track
SL-300, N Peco Streamline Code 80, Flex 35.98". (wood)   4    (Minimum number of units: 2)
SL-300F, N Peco Finescale Code 55, Flex 36". (wood)   8    (Minimum number of units: 6)
SL-E388F, N Peco Finescale Code 55, Right turnout 6.46". (conductive frog)   3
SL-E389F, N Peco Finescale Code 55, Left turnout 6.46". (conductive frog)   4

Track lengths
SL-300, N Peco Streamline Code 80, Flex 35.98". (wood)   46.37
SL-300F, N Peco Finescale Code 55, Flex 36". (wood)   196
SL-E388F, N Peco Finescale Code 55, Right turnout 6.46". (conductive frog)   37.72
SL-E389F, N Peco Finescale Code 55, Left turnout 6.46". (conductive frog)   50.29

Total track length:   27.53'

Any ideas how to correct this please? Much appreciated. Thanks

David

The list of materials is always up to date.

You can try and find the pieces in your track plan using the search function:

On the HOME Tab, find the 'Search' group and tick the 'Active' checkbox.
From the drop down list, select the offending part.
It will be colored yellow(ish).

If you can't spot it or if it's not in the drop down list, make sure all your layers are visible. To check this, open the 'Layers' pane and click on the light bulbs.
Sometimes a piece of track is hidden underneath a surface. Untick the 'Lines and surfaces' checkbox on the SHOW tab.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

stecks

Fantastic David. Thank you. There were three small lengths of track, which were the code 80, as you said. Thank you again.

Much appreciated.

Peter

stecks

I also found a length of code 80 lurking outside the work area... I'm getting there.

P

SimonVW

Well, my materials list says I have a fleischmann piccolo 9120 (50x) but when I try to search for it via the search function for each of my layers I get to 11.

David

Could you please post the plan? They are surely there, but sometimes not easy to find ;)
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.