News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Wye Help

Started by Contrails, April 16, 2020, 10:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contrails

Hey all.  Im working on a layout for my father and I and we've finally settled on layout that works well for us.  However he really wanted a wye and a saddle.  For the life of me I cant seem to find a place to stuff a wye in this plan, and a saddle seems totally out of the window.  Here's the track plan as it stands now, any ideas?  I haven't laid in bench work yet, but there's ample room for isles etc in there.

FWIW, were attempting to stay to 30" or greater radius curves and HO scale. 

Keesoldscool

It is for me not possible (Dutch) translating the meaning of a wye and a saddle. Is it possible to post a few any's with a wye and a saddle?
Grtz. Kees

Contrails

Quote from: Keesoldscool on April 16, 2020, 05:12:43 PMIt is for me not possible (Dutch) translating the meaning of a wye and a saddle. Is it possible to post a few any's with a wye and a saddle?

Sure here ya go!

Here's an example of a wye:

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/build-a-wye-model-railroad-4145492

I couldn't find a link to a picture of a real saddle, but here is one I made in anyrail, essentially its a specialized type of passing siding:

https://ibb.co/3ksmz0T

Future-Digital

Cool. Never before seen a "Saddle."  Wonder if I can work one into my layout. I like!

Thanks for the pictures.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

webmartians

Here, in Märklin Z-scale is the closest I could come to a Wye. It uses three identical turnouts. Two of the branches are 2x30° curves, while the final branch is a kludge: two compensatory 13° curves and two stubs. In order to make those curves meet, I had to loosen the connection angle tolerance (SETTINGS.ANGLE) to 15°.
That IS my picture! All others are imposters ... or stunt doubles.

mrsax2000

Maybe a wye can go here. It would need to switch before the backdrop.