News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Putting curves in PECO Code 124 0 gauge track.

Started by OldhamDelph, April 25, 2020, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldhamDelph

Hi Newbie here,
I seem to recall a video or tutorial on the above subject.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction?
The layout I am designing is 0 gauge using PECO code 124 bullhead flexible track on boards totalling 15 feet by 2 feet, including fiddle yard.
So no great curvature, hopefully just prototypical.
Thanks in advance.

Vic A

Welcome OD,

Not sure why you haven't received a response - - - Also not exactly sure what you are asking.

Here is a square in O.

Vic

Your O  01.any

OldhamDelph

Thank you .I seem to be making a little progress.

David

In AnyRail, if you put a piece of flex track (SL-700BH) on your layout, you can use the control points to bend it.

If you simply drag the endpoints onto the turnouts you have alread placed, and then right-click the flex and select 'Smooth flex', the track will nicely fill the gaps between the turnouts.
Alternatively, right-click it and select 'Curve flex' to create an arc (part of a circle).

The real track can simply be bent without tools, but make sure to do it gradually.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

OldhamDelph

Thank you. I had managed to do it once, but my second attempt failed. I must persevere.
This is wonderful software. It is just need to get used to it.

David

If it is hard to grab the control points, you can increase their size on the SETTINGS tab.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.