News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

A couple of questions

Started by Tim, May 10, 2009, 05:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

I just bought the product and am very pleased. It is much easier to use than any other product that I tried. I've read all of the forum messages and have a couple of questions that I didn't see.

Is there a way to reshape a displayed track library and move it to the side? My layout takes up the left side of my screen and I would like the libraries on the right in the empty space.

Is there a way to mark the ends of two pieces of track and then tell the flex track to just connect them with the appropriate length of track?

Are there any libraries somewhere else of buildings rather than drawing everything from scratch?

Thanks again for a great product.

Tim

David

Hello Tim,

You can 'tear off' the library from its location at the top of the window by dragging it by the dotted line on the left. It'll turn into a window of its own that you can resize and move.

About flex track, if you put it somewhat in place, and then move the outer 'control points' (the black crosses at either end) of the flex onto the endpoints that you want to connect to, the flex will autoconnect and position itself into place. Make sure that you are dragging the 'control points'. You cannot drag the 'endpoints' (the purple T shaped things). If necessary, you can move the other, inner two control points of the flex to correct the shape.

The only buildings library so far is the Walthers H0 Cornerstone one that you find in the Miscellaneous menu. You'll also find some scenery stuff there.

Hope this answers your questions!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Tim

Thanks David. Moving the library worked just the way that I wanted it to. I'll continue to play with flex track. I'm working on a laptop and so far haven't been able to differentiate between the connector and the control point. I've been playing around with two other products that I found frustrating so I switched back to the old template and paper routine. So far today I've gotten more useful work accomplished in your tool that I have in any other method for the past month.

Tim

David

Hi Tim,

With flex rail, you'll find four control control points and two endpoints.

Two of the control points coincide with the endpoints. The endpoints are purple 'T' shapes, while the control points are black '+' shapes. You can drag the control points. If you drag a control point onto a regular existing endpoint of another piece of track, the flex will automatically be connected.
The other two control points are 1/4 and 3/4 of the flex track, and allow you to bend it.

If you need to, you can change the control point and endpoint sizes. To do so, open the 'Tools/Options' menu, and select the 'Drawing' tab.

One last comment: if your flex track is of another brand than the other track, you need AnyRail to allow for mixed track. For that, open 'Tools/Options' again, open the 'Behavior' tab, and check 'Allow mixed rails'.

Hope this helps!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.