News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Possible bug in List of materials

Started by merlin4494, May 26, 2009, 08:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merlin4494

List of materials identifies 3 x R070a (from Hornby track elements) as being used.  They had been used on an earlier build but were then discarded and so I had expected them to be removed from the list.  The program still counts them in.  If this error then are there others on the list?  Need to know as I was intending to use it a pick list for buying purposes.

David

Hello Merlin,

Indeed, if that is the case, they should not be on the list.
Could you please send us the .any file for that track plan? If this turns out to be a bug, it should be solved as soon as possible!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

merlin4494

I will do - as soon as I work out how to attache the file!    SORTED!!

On the same point and in the same file, it lists 3 * 970mm Flex -  giving sizes 970mm, 960.77mm and 534.62mm, but the inventory gives this as a length of 4.41m   (The calculation of 914mm Flex of which there are 16 lengths is calculated properly).

David

Hi Merlin,

I think you've accidentally reused the R707a parts as indicated in the picture below.

If you want to prevent using this special track, please go to 'Tools/Options', and select the 'Behavior' tab.
Uncheck 'Allow mixed track'. Now the special R707a will no longer connect to regular track with both ends.
One end will only connect to the turntable, while the other end connects to regular track.

If you zoom in, you can see that the connection is drawn with a 'dash' to indicate it's a non regular connection.

About the flex track:
You've used 3 x 970mm (one is off the screen to the left), 1 x 960.77, and 1 x 534.64, a total of about 4.41 meters.

Hope this clears up the issue!

David.

merlin4494

David

So glad it was me - and not the software... puts the trust where it belongs - in you and the software!

As your .png showed me that I had attached track that I could not see and so I thought to use 'change the scale' to see it - it's amazing how myopic I can be...  Anyway,  I now wonder if you could confirm the best way I can alter the base board size from its current 12' x 4' to what I actually have which is 2 8'x4' tables set as an 'L'. i.e. add a 4' x 4' forming the base of the 'L'.  I would prefer it if I didn't have to rebuild the layout because I want to extend the base! 

And thank you for your prompt, specific and helpful responses.

MERLIN

David

Hello Merlin,

What you need to do is make a distinction between the work area and the table.

The work area is the white area on your screen that you can work on.

You can draw the table (and other things such as your room, chairs, etc.) with the line drawing tool, that you've clearly used before!

I increased the work area, switched on the lines/surfaces, changed to inches, set the grid size to 12". Next, I've drawn a table as you indicated. To make sure it's drawn underneath everything else, I used the 'Send to back' function for this surface.

See the attached file for the result. I've added a picture as well.

I'm afraid your plan is not going to fit though!

David.