News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

possible issue with rectangle symbols

Started by santerdam, May 20, 2009, 01:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Thanks Sander, glad you like it!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Chris

Hi David.

I've given up over Bookmarks and have lost all my remembered passwords etc, ets. :o(

Anyway, I have been messing about a bit more. All the problems seem to have been fixed except that I have found three small snags.

1a. The round symbols disappear once they have been dragged onto a tile unless one goes to 1:3 Zoom. At 1:5 (my working zoom) they are completely invisible. Can I suggest thickening, and brightening slightly, the two arcs (and, possibly, bring them a bit closer to the 'centring' dot.

1b. Removing a 'dot' seems to involve dragging a box around it, disconnecting the symbol, boxing it again and, finally, doing delete. Is that the correct procedure. Just right clicking it comes up Set Position.

2. I wanted to add in a whole new row of tiles at one point so did a series of joint disconnects to seperate the two parts of the layout. When I started adding in the new tiles, they joined part one OK but when I tried to offer up part 2 it would not join up. I carried on anyway and by the time I had finished it had sorted itself out. I'm not sure exactly what happened and I'm not trying again!

3. Are you working on a diagonal buffer section?

BTW, my thanks to Sander who was talking about 'flipping' tiles; I hadn't noticed that.

Other than that, I'm a happy bunny, as they say. If I come up with any further problems I'll let you know.

All the best,
Chris
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

santerdam

Chris,

Although I did no extensive tests with the colored dots, I noticed the visibility is depending the settings for 'endpoint size', 'connection size' and 'control point size'. When you set those three to 0 (zero), the dots are visible in any scale.

Tip : Removing a dot is easier by hoovering over with the mouse and use the delete button on your keyboard. You don't have to select with a rubber band and you don't have to disconnect.

Sander

Chris

Hi Sander. Thanks for that.

I see what you mean regarding the dots. At least, you can see them if you know they are there. And, funnily enough, I discovered the hover (only 1 'o' - 'hoover' refers to vacuum cleaners!) /delete key method just a few minutes ago.

Best wishes,
Chris.
Chris

Chris

Hi David.

An afterthought after a lot of visits to 'Tools ¦ Options ¦ Drawing'. Would it be possible to have a toggle added somewhere to turn on and off all three size options so that one can easily switch between all of none?

Best wishes,
Chris.
Chris

Chris

Hi David.

Still having problems with square tiles. This morning I added a red circle to a straight section and just ended up with a small white dot. I did what Sander suggested again and it turned into a small red dot. However, this time I could not get rid of it at all so ended up doing a Ctrl-Z to get rid of it. It was like it was behind the tile. Hovering made no difference and right clicking just got up the Set Position option. I think part of the problem is that it is so small that minute movements of the mouse can affect how it behaves. I was thinking that, in reality, these symbols don't need to be quite so small. As Sander pointed out, once you fit your switches and lamps etc. they will be hidden by the switches and lamp bezels etc.

In normal track planning the user can make symbols larger and smaller (esp. text). Could this be done with these control panel lamp/switch symbols? I would be quite happy for the round and ovoid indicators to take up the full width, of even more, of the track symbol. After all, the track symbol width I get when printing is 2.5mm; much smaller than a LED bezel of switch mounting.

Best wishes,
Chris.
Chris

David

Hi Chris,

The white dot that you see is probably the 'connection'. If its outline turns purple when hovering it, then that's what it is.

As Sander indicated, when you make the connection size smaller, you should see the red dot again.

When hovering these dots, you should go for their outlines, not their center point. In the center point, you'll hit the connection instead of the dot.

I know, it's sort of tricky maybe...

About your other comment, one of the things we're working on in version 4 is an easier and quicker way to set the options.

I've attached a sneak preview.

David.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.