News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Advice On Working With Multiple Boards on a Portable Layout

Started by Folkingham Chris, April 16, 2020, 01:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Folkingham Chris

Hi,

I'm new to AnyRail, so in learning mode.

From looking elsewhere on the Forum, I understand that you use "Surfaces" to represent your Baseboard(s). In my case I am working on a portable layout (so that I can put it away when not in use). Basically this will be three 900mm x 400mm Boards. Before I get cracking on this, I just want to check that if I create 3 Surfaces (colour coded?) which butt against each other, the model layout design can "flow" across them. In that way I can design the end to end plan but also clearly see where the Baseboard joins will be.

Any further advice gratefully received.

Chris

David

Indeed, create a surface and mark it as 'table top' (tick the checkbox on the SURFACES tab).

In the future version 7, we will probably support true modules.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Future-Digital

During these interesting times, when we have WAY TOO MUCH TIME AT HOME, is there anything that your users can be doing to help with Version 7?

(Besides stop bugging you about Version 7?)

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

David

The thing is that we have so many customers starting to design their layouts during this world wide lockdown, that we're mostly spending time on support instead of developing version 7!
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Folkingham Chris

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I will be giving things a whirl at the weekend and will let you know.

As for V7, having to juggle with support on what is a very good product by all accounts is one of those nice problems to have. I say that as an IT Professional myself. ;-)

Regards and best wishes,
        Chris

goulburnrail

A related (possibly) question.  I have made numerous AnyRail designs but most are on modules.  Is there a way of combining or disassembling these modules into or from an AnyRail file?

I am designing and building an exhibition layout of variable configuration.  Its nominal dimensions are 7.8m x 2.4 to 3.6m.  The basic configuration consists of 10 modules.  The AnyRail files associated with the basic design consist of 2 main files and 4 x corner files (all the same but each turned 90 degrees).

Can I combine and/or split the files or do I need to start again at the maximum size?

Any advice would be appreciated.

John from Goulburn