News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Problem exporting to JMRI

Started by Viewfield, July 05, 2020, 12:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viewfield

Hi

I'm not sure if I'm doing something stupid but I can't seem to get PanelPro to read the .xml file from Anyrail. I've been using Anyrail for a few years, but I've only just started using JMRI, and am new to this forum. I'm using Anyrail 6.31.2, Java 1.8.0_251 and JMRI 4.18. I can export the .xml file from Anyrail OK, but when I load it in JMRI (PanelPro, panels, open) the program just hangs. I've tried it with simpler layouts, and it works OK - is it maybe something about the memory capacity of my laptop? Or what am I doing wrong? 

David

Could you please post (or send us) the track plan? This is the file with extension ".any".

We are currently discussing some things with JMRI as there seems to have been some changes to JMRI that are not in line with the AnyRail export. We're still in the dark though. We need test material!
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Viewfield

Thanks David. I attach the Anyrail file and the xml file (the latter as a .txt file as it won't let me upload a .xml file), but I have actually got it to work in the meantime, by gradually removing bits from the layout until it worked! At first I thought it was because I was using a mix of Kato Unitrack and Peco flexitrack, so I changed everything over on the Anyrail layout to Kato. That didn't work, so then I thought it might be the crossovers - so I removed them, but it still didn't work. Then I started putting breaks in the various loops, and I found that made it work, so I filled in the breaks one by one till I found the one that was causing the problem - and you'll see that on the innermost loop, I need to have a break in the track to get the transfer to work.

I hope that may be some help to you. Great work on developing Anyrail - fantastic product!

All the best

David

Thanks for the testing material.
When importing into JMRI, I see that Java runs out of memory.

I'm not sure if this has to do with a problem in the XML or in the PanelPro code.
I'll try to dig a bit deeper into this.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.