News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Boston Lodge 009 Track Plan

Started by alge4, July 01, 2020, 05:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alge4

Pretty new here,

With lockdown reminding me of all my hobbies I've ever had. I found myself watching the First Steaming of Welsh Pony on the ffestiniog line. Then discovered that Peco are due to do Prince, Princess, and Double Fairlie's.

I'd kinda always dreamed of a Boston Lodge replica, as an interesting yard with a life and passing traffic. So i found the track plan with the proposed upgrades from 2014, loaded that up in background, and set to work using the complete complement of 009 track.

I relied quiet heavily on a mix of Peco 009 setpeices and Flexi track.

I think it got pretty close to a scale replica.

There are a couple of issues:

It appears from images and the plans that a fair number of the turnouts are actually on curves rather than being straight.Using a mix of mainline turnout and 1st Radius turnouts seemed to manage this problem.

The North Yard is relatively undocumented. Initially I misinterpreted the mainline as a yard line and edge of the road/cob edge, as the mainline, which might have played with some of the Northern geometry. Theres a much older track plan of the circuit which i had, but I couldnt match the scale to the modern trackplan I had. So I abandon'd that for the moment made my best effort for the wagon table's positon and moved on.

Its not clear in any media I can find at the moment if there's a north entrance to the South Yard from the mainline or not. I put one in because i think its more interesting. Maybe someone knows or has image, can check some of this working.

Top down view of the Old Engine Sheds, are limited as well so I've approximated.

EDIT
Using this 1892-1914 Map Series Overlay I've approximate what's under the north yard. I will at some point in the future properly scale and lay over the top of the
 plan this view. https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=17&lat=52.91990&lon=-4.10638&layers=168&b=1

Priced this up on _____ comes to about £600 all in for the track in one go if anyone's interested.

mrsax2000

You can export the file to a JPG. You don't need to screenshot it.