News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

trouble copying track from one track plan file to another can only see in 3Dview

Started by NCRailroader, July 18, 2020, 11:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCRailroader

Hi all,
New user and enjoying AnyRail 6.31.2.  I created a section of track in one layout file and copied it to another file.  It did not appear so I copied again and still do not see in 2D view.  I went to 3D view and I see the track design multiple times.  Why do I see a track design that I copied in 3D View but not 2D view?

poppy2201

Quote from: NCRailroader on July 18, 2020, 11:54:48 PMHi all,
New user and enjoying AnyRail 6.31.2.  I created a section of track in one layout file and copied it to another file.  It did not appear so I copied again and still do not see in 2D view.  I went to 3D view and I see the track design multiple times.  Why do I see a track design that I copied in 3D View but not 2D view?

Check your View Scale in the file you copied to.
Charles J.

NCRailroader

Poppy2201 - not sure what you mean but I Scale up and Down to view the entire design or only a portion of it.

Several feet of track-work is designed and the only track I cannot see in 2D view is the one where I copy and pasted from another file.  When I copied from one file and pasted to this file, the box appeared but was empty as if the track color was clear, not viewable in 2D.
Since the track can be viewed in 3D view, the 3D view is cluttered because I pasted many times not realizing what was happening.
Very frustrating to not being able to see track in 2D view but see multiple copies (of same track pasted) in 3D view.

David

Can you post the plan you paste to?

Some possibilities:
-There's a large surface at height 10, while you paste at height 0, and the track disappears underneath it.
-You accidentally paste way out of the work area, so you don't see the result.
-The 'Visible track' checkbox on the SHOW tab is not ticked.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

NCRailroader

The lower limit of Show Tab was set at 32 so I reset to Zero and now can view the track I pasted.

Thanks for the help!!