News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Importing photos

Started by vvarady, August 09, 2020, 02:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarady

I was wondering if there is a way to import a JPG photo into a .any file ?

Thx

poppy2201

1.  Create surface
2.  Select the surface you just created
3.  On the right side of the Ribbon Bar you will see Load Image
4.  Select your image from your computer
Charles J.

vvarady

vvarady

Can the loaded image be scaled down ?

Nick the Cabin Boy

The straight answer is "yes". It's simply a matter of resizing the surface (or importing a photo into a correctly sized surface in the first place!). The photo will keep adjusting to fit the surface. I have tried making User Objects by photographing the object from directly above, and then importing the image into a surface. It probably looks more realistic, but I reckon it took me longer than it would have to draw the thing!

Cheers,
Nick the Nomad
(must change that, no more travelling planned until 2024!)
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

BadBanana

After you have imported the image to the surface, if you select the surface you will have width, height and angle options that allow the size of the image (how much it is zoomed) without changing the outline of the surface.  So you use these to zoom in or out and visually crop the image to the random outline of the surface if you like.  Or you can click the Adjust Outline button to cause the surface to match the size of the image.  You can then edit the surface further (move, add, subtract corners, change corners to curves, etc).  It's best just to play and see just how clever this facility really is.