News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

easements

Started by peter1960, August 24, 2020, 12:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter1960

Hi.
I am very and super impressed with Anyrail! I have designed ], redesigned, planned, replanned my n scale layout, all without having to spend a cent on track! (Did buy a lot and a lot of trains and rolling stock! :))

Easements....

I have looked and searched, read on line and severl responses on this particular forum.

I have compared anyrail to actual, and they are pretty close!

Now..... between 5 to 25 degrees.....

One end or both?

does it depend on the radius for the degree number and
does it depend to have it both ends for the completeness of the curve, ie 90 or 180 degrees?
Trick is make sure you create a left and right for each end as they are different! :)

When you do an offset, excellent feature! does the easement calculated value hold?

My minnimum radius is 300mm, and goes up from there.

Appreciatte any feedback,

And thank you for allowing me to join this very imformative forum for this excellent, and super easy to use, program.

Peter.

ps.... I had to go back to my old school days in Weesp to recall about the capital of holland, I thought it was Den Hague! I live in Australia now, since '72 :)

David

The easement function only supports the case from straight to a curve, not from curve to curve.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

RhB_HJ

Quote from: peter1960 on August 24, 2020, 12:03:31 PM...........................

ps.... I had to go back to my old school days in Weesp to recall about the capital of holland, I thought it was Den Hague! I live in Australia now, since '72 :)

Hi Peter, ;)

Comment on that PS

"Although the proper legal status of Amsterdam as capital of the Netherlands is of recent date, the city has been uniformly recognised as capital ever since 1814. ... The origins of the split between Amsterdam as capital city and The Hague as seat of government lay in the peculiar Dutch constitutional history."

BTW one even more recent change is the "Holländer" (citizen) to "Niederländer". The names may change, but the rest stays more or less the same. :)  :o
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display