News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

S Scale Amnrican Flyer track doesn't scale to layout size

Started by rguercio, September 27, 2020, 08:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rguercio

I am not new to Anyrail, and have been through several updates, but the latest one puts my American Flyer S scale track all out of proportion to my tabletop - it is huge.  Didnt have this problem clear up until the latest update.  Am I missing something?  I am trying to design a new layout for a new train room and this is holding me up.  Help!

rguercio

OK, I have sort of answered my own post.  In an effort to simplify measurements on a large layout, I decided to size my workspace in feet instead of inches (little knowing this would be a problem).  So my table space was 33 x 33 (feet) instead of 396 x 396 inches.

Anyrail assumes inches, and I didn't see a way to change that setting, so my layout looks really teeny now, and I dont want to translate point-by-point to upsize it.  I haven't found a way to scale or stretch the thing as a whole.  Is there a way to do that?  I just need to upsize it while keeping all the relative proportions.  Any help?

David

There are two things: the train scale (for instance S) and the view scale.

In AnyRail, everything is drawn to real scale. So, for instance, the American Flyer straight track part 700 is 10 inches long.

If you put this part on the work area and print it 1:1, it will be 10 inches long on the print out (so you'll probably need multiple pages).

If you print it at 1:10, it will be 10 times smaller.

So what you need to do is set your work area to the true space you have, in inches or cm, depending on the measurement system you've set.

Now, just draw your plan using the elements from the American Flyer library.
You can immediately see if it fits or not.

Once done, you can print it at any view scale you like, for instance at 1:12 for once inch to the foot.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.