News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

My first layout design

Started by andruec, November 13, 2020, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andruec

Thanks for the comment on the tail, I've increased that now. I like your ideas with the sidings so I'll have a play.

I've removed the cross at the top because it causes a reverse loop (a pity that AnyRail doesn't warn about it). Exit from the inner loop is now just before entry and utilises that diamond crossing there.

I might eventually reinstate the original idea but as I want to get trains running before spring I didn't fancy having to deal with the complexities of a reverse loop just yet.

I've also added some crude surfaces to indicate what scenery will eventually (!) go where.

David

To see reverse loops, tick 'Reverse loops' on the SHOW tab.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

andruec

Quote from: David on November 24, 2020, 09:07:33 PMTo see reverse loops, tick 'Reverse loops' on the SHOW tab.
Now you tell me :)

It works, so thanks.

BadBanana

Quote from: andruec on November 24, 2020, 10:59:07 PM
Quote from: David on November 24, 2020, 09:07:33 PMTo see reverse loops, tick 'Reverse loops' on the SHOW tab.
Now you tell me :)

It works, so thanks.
It's all in the manual... ;)

magnus

Actually, Reverse Loop is not in the manual, at least I could not find it. Must have been added recently.

Anyway, perhaps David can explain how it works. I have two reverse loops in my plan (so I can turn trains easily in both directions), but Anyrail only reports one, and it's not where I planned to reverse it. Seems like Anyrail finds the shortest Reverse Loop?

David

Often, when there's one reverse loop, there are more, many of which go through the same part(s).
When multiple reverse loops go through the same part, AnyRail only shows the shortest one.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

magnus

Ah, thank you. I see that my two reverse loops have one common section, which is what Anyrail highlighted.

mrsax2000

I think I see a couple reverse loops. For either DC or DCC, you will need an isolated section(s) and patch in a reverse switch or module.