News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Difficulty with curve layouts

Started by lmike17, November 24, 2020, 11:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmike17

Greetings,
I'm new to AnyRail 6 and the forum. I'm very impressed with AnyRail and have spent several hours trying to create my 3x7' N scale plan that is a slightly larger version of a plan created by M.C. Fujiwara. Despite various attempts I have not been able to layout useable curve & turnout connections in the upper right area of the layout. I would like a minimum radius of 14" and am using Peco Code 55 track. I've tried different curve sizes, turnout types and adjusting other areas of the layout that influence the configuration of the upper right area in question. Nothing has been successful. (files are attached)

Maybe I'm missing some features of AnyRail that could assist me with this process or I need to modify other areas of the layout to make things work?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

[attach id=7929]Whiskey-Gotham N scale 2x4.jpg
[attach id=7928]Whiskey-Gotham_02.any

Vic A

Hi Mike,

Worked on your drawing a little.  You're doing fine - just need to work with the program some more.

You have several pieces of track that have the control points overlapping.  Suggest you use smooth flex more often. 
Also pay attention to the angle of the endpoints of your switches.  You can make a curve with an angle to compliment it.  If you have a switch with a ten degree divergence, add a 80 degree curve to it for a total of 90 degrees.

Vic

Vic A

Worked on the Grimy side a little more . . .

You can fine tune from here if you like.

Vic

mrsax2000

You can put the original image in a rectangle in AnyRail. Adjust it to fit you plan. Place switches on top the image. Connect with flex.

Also, place a few straight bits as anchor points to build from (sectional track works great for this because you can't fiddle with them).

Right-click on a flex piece after connecting and select "smooth flex".  If you can't get the flex just the way you want, adjust switch position or maybe try some different sectional curved bits.

The more you work with the program the better you'll be able to move and adjust things.

It's a nice plan. Look forward to your "finished" version.