News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Smooth Slope

Started by NP2626, November 27, 2020, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP2626

Could someone please outline the process of smoothing the slope.  I have never seen this option being available to me.  I have watched the Tutorial10-15 times and the process simply escapes me!

David

The height of track is always defined by its endpoints or connections.

So, first make sure to set the heights at the outer ends of the stretch where you want the slope.

Now, select the stretch:
Click the part at one end to select it. SHIFT-click the part at the other end. AnyRail will select the stretch between these two outer ends.

On the TRACKS tab that should have appeared, click "smooth slope".

AnyRail sets the height for all intermediate connections.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

NP2626

So, David,

I've followed exactly what you have described to me and the Smooth Slope never changes from looking like it's in the background and unusable!  Was there something wrong with my Download?  I did not download again when I actually purchased the software.  Maybe I should download, again.

Vic A

Hey NP,

Make certain you do not have any connections "Height Locked".  Smooth slope is not available with connections locked.

Vic

Vic A

Vic A

Another restriction NP, is that AR will not smooth slope through both the through and diverging routes of a switch (or points (not sure where you are located)).

If you zoom in, you can actually select either of the routes on your switch.

This example goes from 0 to 6cm.

NP2626

I have made a test drawing of a simple straight section, raised the right end 4 inches, then went to left end and made that end 0" while holding down the shift key.  The Smooth Slope ICON never changed from looking like it's in the backgound.  It never became available to do anything with.  Smooth Flex has always worked and been easy to understand how to use.

Should I Re-Download the program?

Vic A

NP,

Can you upload your slope trial file?  It's easier to offer assistance that way. 

I don't feel like the application needs to be re-downloaded though it only takes a few minutes if you chose to.

Vic

David

Reinstalling the program will not help. You probably have one of the track items glued, in a locked layer or a height locked.

It could also be that you did not select a consecutive stretch. If there are turnouts in the selection, make sure only one leg is selected.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Vic A

NP -

Not sure if you're still around or not but something else has come to mind.  I don't think you can smooth slope on ONE piece of track.  On one piece, just set each end at your desired height.  On multiple connected pieces, set height at both ends.  Then select all of those pieces and smooth slope should be available.

Let us know -

Vic