News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Incremental additions

Started by philguk, November 28, 2020, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philguk

Not sure how you'd implement this, but while I was laying out straight and curved track sections (in AnyRail) today I realised it's missing an "incremental addition" function

In other words, after adding a section of track there ought to be a SINGLE button to click to add another of the SAME pieces extending the "current" track section

For example. Rocos "RocoLine" track requires typically 6 curved pieces to form a semi circle. So I imagine placing ONE piece to start the semi circle in the usual way. Then clicking "incremental add" to add the second, third, fourth etc etc pieces

Happy to clarify more if needed but this would be a huge timesaver - equally when laying out a series of straight track pieces

Thanks for listening

Phil G

magnus

Actually this feature exists. Just hold down SHIFT when you click the next track. It even goes beyond your request - you can incrementally add any track.

philguk

Quote from: magnus on November 28, 2020, 08:54:08 PMActually this feature exists. Just hold down SHIFT when you click the next track. It even goes beyond your request - you can incrementally add any track.

BRILLIANT!

Just the kind of feature request that's preferred I'm sure - and thanks for pointing out my ignorance so politely

And you're right. It does exactly what I wanted and more besides

Thanks again

Phil G

BadBanana

Useful.  After two years I am still learning stuff with this software.  :)