News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

My first track plan, with issues

Started by jtsharp, December 29, 2020, 10:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBanana

Understood.  Autoconnect would force the track to align when you want it to stay put.  I just re-read that part of the manual.  It's not a feature I have used - I have generally just left autoconnect set to on and use flex-track when needed. I realise that is not always an option.   

David

The defaults for the tolerances are 3mm and 3 degrees.

For a large scale as LGB, you could perhaps increase the distance a little bit, but I would advise against increasing the allowed angle too much.

In the example by Magnus, H0 scale track is used. An allowed distance of 20mm and an angle of 5 degrees is way too much. Your trains will derail.
So please make the rigid sectional track fit better somehow, or use flex track.

General advise: leave Autoconnect on, and only switch it off to close small gaps you may be left with when using rigid sectional track.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

magnus

Thanks David, I only set the tolerances so high to ensure that was not the problem I had. I agree with your recommendation as that is what I normally use.

mrsax2000