News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

New to AnyRail

Started by lobevaser, December 31, 2020, 01:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lobevaser

Anyway I was Playing around with AnyRail and made a small N Scale Layout. I am still trying to remember what goes where. I know there is still a lot of details that I need to work on and with limited income it will take a while to complete it. I thought I could post it here and let you all tell me how good or bad it is.

Being a Disabled Veteran I can Handle the good or bad remarks with an open Mind.

So how does this look?

mrsax2000

Nice start. Suggest to remove the little jiggly section going into the mine. You may not like how it looks in the real world.

I made a similar comment in another post.

In many of the good plans, track seems to flow without a lot of back and forth stuff.

Look at a lot of different plans for ideas. Google will kick back a lot of images.

mrsax2000

Does the track go up in elevation to the mine?

If yes, maybe consider removing the left-side inner loop and using a switch-back to move from the middle set of tracks to the upper mine.

This could be visually and operationally more interesting.

mrsax2000

Work on smoothing out the flex-curves. There is a smooth curve option. That will get you most of the way there.

The bigger radius you can do, the better. Especially if the train is climbing while on a curve.

This is a really good start.

The more you work with the program, the better your plan will get. AnyRail has a lot of options that will help you improve you plan.