News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Find a Part Search

Started by Future-Digital, June 06, 2011, 09:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Future-Digital

Hello, David:

Only lately, after my design got REALLY complicated, have I found a need for a new feature.

There are times when I look at my list of materials and see something I don't like, and would like to find it in my actual layout and replace it or redesign around it. Such as 18" radius track, turnouts, etc., when I only have trains that only do well with 22" and above radii.

Any chance of a "Search and Find?"  Something that could jump to and highlight a part, or highlight all parts with the same name or number?

It would be nice.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

David

Interesting idea! Also useful when things are in hidden layers.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Jeff

I agree. Click on an item in the list and have it jump to it with a highlight. Good idea!
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

Mariner86

A search function in track and user object libraries for key words..would like to be able to search for structure by keyword or part number..

Thanks

Future-Digital

Either way, or both, would be great.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

cinoaz

I'm not one to start a new topic for something that has already been asked, albeit it's an old request.

I too recently put together a quite complex (by my standards) scalextric track layout and would love to be able to search by Part Number and have all instances in the track highlighted.

So, I'm resurrecting an old thread, would be nice.

Thanks!

SimonVW

Is this still active? I would like this too - the material list says I have many piees of a certain rail which I'm sure I dont use in the current design. Would love to search for those.
Thx, Simon

magnus

Quote from: SimonVW on December 26, 2020, 05:52:07 PMIs this still active? I would like this too - the material list says I have many piees of a certain rail which I'm sure I dont use in the current design. Would love to search for those.
Thx, Simon
I think not as this feature has been implemented.

On the Home tab, there is a Search section. Check the box Active and AnyRail will search for your part.

SimonVW

Ah, totally overlooked this. Thanks!