News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Ability to draw custom curved lines for bench work etc

Started by PRuges, February 01, 2021, 10:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRuges

I know it has been asked before, reading different posts, but there is a real need to be able to draw freehand curves simply (not the complicated or time involved in following suggestions like Dave from Steam Powered Radio. Freely creating a curve between two points, or Bézier curves would be a welcome addition for lines and with closed shapes. Maybe it could be included in an update?
Great product otherwise.
Thanks for listening.
Peter

BadBanana

I am not sure what is suggested (I have not watched the video), but I just click- click- click to draw two straight lines, then right-click to stop adding new lines, then click on the corner between the two lines to select it and then choose Round Corner or Curved Corner from the menu.  That's it.  Of course, you can spend more time adjusting further if needed, but I find that the Round Corner option especially is very easy - it creates a line of constant radius.  This is easiest to explore just by selecting and moving one of the end-points around.       

Nick the Cabin Boy

Personally, if I need a curved line as part of a surface, I make multiple points in the general area, then adjust to suit, using round corners (usually) to smooth.

What I would like to see would be a function similar to Curved Flex, under the Insert tab, where I can enter a radius and arc value and then place the curve. Then I can adjust thickness and colour as usual.

Nick
Geelong
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

PRuges

Thanks guys for the replies, but I agree Nick, there needs to be an easy, flexible way to just add a curve as a line, simply as the flex track, and independent of straight lines, and able to be cut. Would really help with the freedom to create.

Vic A