News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

User Objects Download

Started by JJYandle, January 07, 2021, 06:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJYandle

Hi - I was very excited to download and install AnyRail 6 after reading all the reviews.  The install went great. I proceeded to download the User Objects.  The download began and stalled at 0/1757/1757.  I let it sit over night but nothing changed as I'm told the download starts and stops until finished.
I have a new computer running Windows 10 64 bit, Core i7 processor and 8 GB of Ram. I have 391 GB of space left on the HD. I also tried with my virus protection turned off.  Also re-installing and running repair but nothing change.  Any help would be appreciated.

BadBanana

0/1757/1757 suggests that everything has been downloaded.  You should then see an option for any selected track gauges under the User Objects menu, and within that the different object types or vendors.  The gauges listed under the User Objects menu follow the Libraries setting in the main Options menu (File > Options > Libraries).

JJYandle

I guess I should have been more clear.  The large window just below the headings is empty.  It just says "There are no items to show."

BadBanana

That's correct - that's the message you see when there are no new objects to download.

Have you selected a track gauge in the settings?

For example - if I select Z gauge as my preferred gauge in Settings  I can then see the attached image under the User Objects menu item.

2021-01-08.png 

JJYandle

I do have my gage set to "N".  Even though the download screen looks like it completed it never gave me options to select manufacturer or scale etc. before hitting the ok button.  It seems the libraries never made into the application after the download

JJYandle

I figured it out.  Just wasn't using the drop downs because there didn't seem to be much there.  It's limited because of using N scale.
I feel like a real newb now!  Thanks for the assistance anyway.

BadBanana

No worries.  I am glad you got there.  I am two years into AnyRail and still learning stuff.  The manual is very helpful, but occasionally I find stuff (or read about it on this forum) and I think "Why didn't I see that before..." having been doing things the hard way up until that point.

There's also some videos on YouTube although I have not spent much time following them...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6RI1huvFrSiyxmFUy9kpA
and
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMJcpHZtGr6xx4Gx2LAJFtg   

JJYandle

Thanks for the links and suggestion on the manual.  Definitely a steeper learning curve for AnyRail than I expected.
I have never used a CAD program so that makes it harder too.  I have been watching videos from the YouTube channel Steam Powered Radio. Between the manual and YouTube I will eventually get the hang of it.