News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Icon for AnyRail Forum

Started by magnus, January 14, 2021, 09:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnus

Nitpick - The AnyRail Forum is one of the few tabs in my web browser that does not have an icon. When I scan the Chrome tabs looking for the forum, I know it's one without an icon, so I mouse over them all. It would be quicker and easier if the forum had an icon, say the AnyRail icon.

BadBanana

Strange - it does in my Chrome browser...  Maybe a caching problem?

paulp575

What you are referring to is a favorite icon (or favicon).
Some browsers no longer support that.
Paul

magnus

Ok, I have rebuilt my favicon files in Chrome, but still no forum icon. I also tried loading the forum in fresh sessions on Edge, Opera, and Safari, and neither of those got an icon either.

Since @BadBanana has an icon, I can only guess the forum had an icon earlier, and it got deleted at some point. So, it "should be an easy fix" to put it back.

David

Could you please try again? I've added a favicon.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

magnus

Quote from: David on January 18, 2021, 12:09:11 PMCould you please try again? I've added a favicon.
Yep, it's there! Thanks!

magnus

Quote from: David on January 18, 2021, 12:09:11 PMCould you please try again? I've added a favicon.
Now the icon on the forum home page is gone. See attached.

magnus

QuoteNow the icon on the forum home page is gone. See attached.
I notice that the Forum icon itself is still missing.
Missing icon.jpg

David

I'll look at it. It seems to be browser dependent.

RCMan

It does not show up in FireFox.

Dennis
Dennis
Bonham Texas

magnus

It does not show up for me in:
  • Chrome on Mac nor Windows
  • Safari on Mac
  • Edge on Win
  • Opera on Win

David

There should be a large logo now.

magnus

Yes, there is, almost too big! It takes up 20% of my screen...be careful what you ask for... could it be made smaller, perhaps half the size or even 25%?