News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

how do I edit the helix settings?

Started by sleon, February 07, 2021, 12:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleon

Let's say I build a helix by working through the Anyrail dialog box. Then I discover that I need to add another 1/4 turn, or subtract a half turn, or increase/decrease the vertical track separation, or change some other setting. Where in Anyrail do I click x to be able to edit an existing helix? So far, I can't find any right-or-left-click options. Nor can I find a menu to open or pull down.

BadBanana

I am not aware that you can edit a helix in the way that you want to.  AnyRail creates a helix by replicating a curve that you have already created - any fixed radius curve, up to 90 degrees of angle.  A helix may then contain many identical copies of this curve.  If the initial curve is a 90 degree curve, it is relatively easy to copy and past additional sections or to delete some to adjust the length a quarter of a turn at a time.  To set the gradient, I think the only easy method is to fix the start and end heights of the helix and then use the "Smooth Slope" function.

Vic A

I agree with PlatanoMalo, it is easier to create new helix than to edit one.

On the Show tab, adjust height in view to only display the lower portion of your helix.  Here you can add or subtract from your helix as well as tacking on tangent track to get out of that vicious circle.

Vic

BadBanana

PlatanoMalo ?

A Spanish auto-translation of my English username...?

Adjusting the height of the view (set in the "Show" tab) to see a limited part of the helix is a great way to simplify the task.