News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Unable to connect track

Started by Johan, February 24, 2008, 06:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Hi Forum Members,

Whilst designing a track plan I removed a section of track by using the "Disconnect" option as I wanted to change it.  When I wanted to connect track to the remaining section of track I was unable to do so.  Even trying to connect the section of track I removed in the first instance to the remaining track was not successful.

If it has something to do with isolated track, how do I cancel ("de-isolate") it?

Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong?

Your help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Johan

Johan

Quote from: Johan on February 24, 2008, 06:09:43 PM
Hi Forum Members,

Whilst designing a track plan I removed a section of track by using the "Disconnect" option as I wanted to change it.  When I wanted to connect track to the remaining section of track I was unable to do so.  Even trying to connect the section of track I removed in the first instance to the remaining track was not successful.

If it has something to do with isolated track, how do I cancel ("de-isolate") it?

Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong?

Your help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Johan

The problem has now gone from bad to worse.  I am at this point unable to connect any track to any of the existing track on the track plan. :o :o :o

Johan

David

Hi Johan,

Could you upload your file to forum? Maybe we can see what happened!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Johan

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am uncertain about the upload procedure - could you please explain it to me?

Regards.

Johan

David

Of course!
If you enter your reply, you can choose 'Additional options'.
You can then attach a file to your post by browsing and selecting your ".drl" or ".any" file.

That's it!

David.

Johan

Hi David,

File attached.

Enjoy your day!

Johan

David

Hi Johan,

I think I know what happened: All of your track is elevated to a height of 10cm.
New track is put on the workspace at a height of 0 by default.

So, it will not connect!

You either have to first elevate all new track to 10cm, or you have to level your current track to 0.

David.

Johan

Hi David,

Thank you!  Problem solved.  I knew it had to be something simple.

I think I speak for all users of AnyRail when I say that it is good to know that we have a reliable backup.

Once again thank you.

Kind regards.

Johan