News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Question about rolling stock

Started by NBRail, February 13, 2021, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NBRail

Greetings.

I am new to AnyRail and have a question about how to add rolling stock to my design.

I am modeling in N (1:160) scale.

For my first layout I want to use a shelve switching layout design from the web and transfer it from HO to N scale. The original design was for 40 cars, but I want to use longer modern cars and place them over the tracks to make sure I clear the turnouts and where the uncoupling magnets will be.

I looked under the libraries and did not find much that would be helpful. Maybe I just do not know where to look?

One option would be just to draw rectangles the of the correct size to represent each cars. That would work as well. Just need to find a tutorial on how to do that.

Any ideas or suggestions from the group?

Thanks. 

Nick the Cabin Boy

Welcome to the Forum!

There is no way to show rolling stock, except as shapes. The best thing to do is to get a copy of TrainPlayer (sorry, I don't have a link for you). You can then export your plan, and import it into TrainPlayer, where you can then select from a huge variety of rolling stock, and run trains to check your work.

I used it extensively some years ago, but then went caravanning around Australia, and put the PC with TrainPlayer on it into storage, and it's still there!

Hope this helps,

Nick
Geelong (N 1:148 modeller)
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

NBRail

Thanks Nick. 

That is what I realized once I purchased the software.  Just wanted to confirm.

Happy caravaning!!

Bob Bryce

TrainPlayer is really great.  It receives Anyrail track plans without any problems.  It has allowed me to verify passing sidings were long enough, industry sidings could hold "x" amount of cars without interfering with turnouts, trains on parallel tracks would clear each other on curves and even more useful to actually move cars in a yard or sidings without getting the locomotives "stuck" where I could not get the loco out based on the track layout.  Get Tracklayer if you intend to modify your layout much and don't want to have to reload the trains every time.