News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Focus on Mainline Running: Triple C, Southern, Clinchfield & ET&WNC Railroads

Started by Triple-C Railroad, February 14, 2021, 07:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple-C Railroad

Have spent the last several weeks bringing the Charleston, Cincinnati, and Chicago Railroad (Triple-C or 3Cs) to life using AnyRail. The Southern Railway and the ET&WNC are also included. AnyRail is great software.
I'm a new modeler, so please send me your suggestions on the premise, layout design, features, or how to better use AnyRail. In addition to customizing engines/rolling stock with 3Cs, and running Southern and ET&WNC trains....will also be running Clinchfield engines and cars. 

Triple-C Railroad

Thanks......Here's the Anyrail format file

SOPACMAC

Hate to be a downer but in looking over your track plan I saw a few gaps, overlaps and misalignment. I know it can be a pain after working so hard on getting track down but if you are counting on constructing this as designed you really should do a review.
Mac

Triple-C Railroad

Mac.....Thanks for double checking it. You are right, I did cheat ;-) on some of the not quite aligned or perfectly fitting track sections. I'm actually doing two types of planning concurrently..... the AnyRail plan and also temporarily placing the track out on the tables to see how it fits and looks, especially against the backdrops and with some of the structures.  Once I'm happy with how it looks and as I experiment with various Unitrack sections, I'll go back and correct the AnyRail.  I know that sounds backwards....but I actually enjoy being able to test my design ideas on AnyRail, and then work out the kinks and details by trying different track sections on the table tops. Thanks!

RCMan

Quote from: Triple-C Railroad on February 22, 2021, 05:50:38 AMMac.....Thanks for double checking it. You are right, I did cheat ;-) on some of the not quite aligned or perfectly fitting track sections. I'm actually doing two types of planning concurrently..... the AnyRail plan and also temporarily placing the track out on the tables to see how it fits and looks, especially against the backdrops and with some of the structures.  Once I'm happy with how it looks and as I experiment with various Unitrack sections, I'll go back and correct the AnyRail.  I know that sounds backwards....but I actually enjoy being able to test my design ideas on AnyRail, and then work out the kinks and details by trying different track sections on the table tops. Thanks!

May I recommend changing you grid size to 12 and keep the snap to grid to 1. This will not change your snap settings but will make the layout easier to see.

Dennis
Dennis
Bonham Texas