News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Focus on Mainline Running: Triple C, Southern, Clinchfield & ET&WNC Railroads

Started by Triple-C Railroad, February 14, 2021, 05:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple-C Railroad

Thanks for the add to the AnyRail Forum! Retirement is bringing plenty of free time for me to complete my dream of creating a N scale layout based on a 'alternate history' of a successful and thriving Charleston, Cincinnati, and Chicago Railroad (predecessor to the Clinchfield). In addition, it will include the Southern Railway and the ET&WNC, as if Johnson City had become a much larger railroad boomtown as the headquarters of the CC&C. There will be some Clinchfield rolling stock. owned by the Clinchfield Coal Company, but also many custom painted and decaled CC&C engines and cars. My focus is mainline running in the 1955-1970 era, with a parade of manifests, extensive passenger trains, and of course coal drags.  My CC&C was a strategic partner with the C&O and the ACL.  Have begun to develop a final trackplan using AnyRail, which I found to be easy and feature-packed.  Here's my v1 of the layout in AnyRail. The train room and the tables are built and installed, I'm now temporarily positioning and assembling track and backdrops to come up with a final track plan.  Since I'm a newbie, would truly appreciate any insights or guidance you have, whether it be in the use of AnyRail or the concept and design of the layout, I'll be adding more spurs, structures, and scenery in future AnyRail versions of the CC&C. In advance, many thanks for any info, comments, or guidance you have.