News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

First track plan

Started by squrerigger, February 16, 2021, 07:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squrerigger

Hi all, this is my proposed track plan. I would really like to hear people's feedback.

This track plan is based on that of Jim Ross whose plan is on Scarm. I have tried to include larger curves using Peco sectional and flex track.
The layout as drawn also includes some Atlas track. I will likely replace Peco flex with Atlas flex.
I don't intend to build this all at once due to cost and time. I will likely start with the 2 main lines and and gradually add on from there.

I don't know if it is a decent plan or not. In my mind it has the main things I am looking for. I  have intentionally made getting from one industry to another a time consuming process with minimal short cuts. For example the coal mine to the power plant. Of the oil refinery to the oil company.

The plan is designed so that in the future it could be relatively easily expanded should I want to. I believe the radius on the main line is around 30inches using Peco track.

Anyway thanks for your help.