News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

AnyRail newbie building Scalextric tracks

Started by andyrooheavens, March 04, 2021, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyrooheavens

G'day,

Just joined here and enjoying using this great tool (still in trial) to build Scalextric tracks (supposedly for my kids).

I've created a separate Worksheet to manage inventory and use the Show Guides control to help identify the curve sizes. 2 items I'll post in the wish-list if not there already, inventory manager and colour/texture variation/assignment for the used pieces by type for easier identification when building off the plan.

Anyway here are some of the tracks I've planned and built. I'm yet to work out if the car tracks can be made to flex as much as they do in real life so a bit disjointed, but working in real life...

Edit: Also added the (renaming necessary) Excel worksheet for managing inventory. All sheets should be alphabetically order by the left column.

Cheers,
Andrew

mrsax2000

List of Materials button (Info section of ribbon menu) will display a list of parts/part numbers and counts.

Copy/paste this into a spreadsheet for tracking, estimating cost, or a purchase list.

mrsax2000

andyrooheavens

Quote from: mrsax2000 on March 07, 2021, 04:03:09 PMList of Materials button (Info section of ribbon menu) will display a list of parts/part numbers and counts.

Copy/paste this into a spreadsheet for tracking, estimating cost, or a purchase list.

Yep, this is what i had meant to say i was doing. It works well enough but i'd imagine it would be great to have as a built in feature for road and rail tracks.

In case anyone needs a working Excel inventory manager (using VLOOKUP etc), i'll edit and attach it to my original post.

magnus

I have also struggled with this and also ended up building my pretty sophisticated spreadsheet to automatically match the output from AnyRail. I'm not sure we want David and company to build this into AnyRail. This could derail (pun intended) into some basic inventory management software - we will all have different needs. Better for David to focus their efforts on  the core unique railroad modeling features instead of re-building a basic spreadsheet.

I like your idea of posting spreadsheets instead. This could be a community provided thing taking into account many different aspects of how we manage our inventory, costs and budgets, plans for needed parts, sourcing, etc.