News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

User defined Track Library items?

Started by philguk, March 06, 2021, 09:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philguk

This will sound odd, but bear with me

As I've mentioned in other threads I'm trying to standardise on RocoLine track (with roadbed) for my "temporary" layouts in the future

I love the  geometry - it's simple, predictable but also pretty flexible

However it IS missing the occasional track piece that would make my life easy

For example, the R10 curve is used to "balance" the diverging tracks of a 15 degree turnout. But I have a need for HALF an R10 curve (Roco do a "half R20" for the 10 degree turnouts). Pretty certain I could saw an R10 in half and "bodge" the join so it'd be almost OK, but how do I teach AnyRail about "half an R10"??

So my ask is for a way of adding user defined track elements BASED ON EXISTING ONES to a track library

mtia

Phil G

PS If this is already possible somehow, then WAHOOO!!!! :)

David

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Future-Digital

When?

I'm ready to send you my money NOW!
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

philguk

Quote from: David on March 07, 2021, 12:21:25 AMCutting track will be in version 7.
Great news. Is it far away? Is it going to be a paid upgrade from AnyRail 6??

poppy2201

Quote from: philguk on March 09, 2021, 01:53:32 PM
Quote from: David on March 07, 2021, 12:21:25 AMCutting track will be in version 7.

If you click File>Help to the right of the screen you will see Registration.  Click on that and you will see your license is good for Version X and Version X.  In my case it is good for Version 5 and 6.  I will have to pay to upgrade to Version 7 whatever the price will be set at.
Charles J.

RCMan

Just looked at my License and says I am good for Version 7.

Dennis
Dennis
Bonham Texas

philguk

Quote from: poppy2201 on March 09, 2021, 02:44:10 PM
Quote from: philguk on March 09, 2021, 01:53:32 PM

If you click File>Help to the right of the screen you will see Registration.  Click on that and you will see your license is good for Version X and Version X.  In my case it is good for Version 5 and 6.  I will have to pay to upgrade to Version 7 whatever the price will be set at.
Didn't know that - thanks

And I am good for v6 and v7 :)