News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

16' x 9' British 00 Gauge Shed Layout

Started by Chris UK, March 12, 2021, 04:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris UK

Comments welcome on attached plan for a layout based in a 16' x 9' shed. Have been working on a number of plans. This is currently my front runner.

The layout will be a mixture of passenger (mainly DMUs and EMUs) and diesel goods. Will be DCC with block detection and much automation running via iTrain but still some manual control in the various sidings. The fiddle yard may be covered by a hill with access from the front depending on how much of what is behind it conceals. There may be an incline down to the fiddle yard and up to the small station and goods yard above it. The lift out is to gain access via the door at the end of the shed but will probably (until I get too old) be a duck under! As it is a permanent location for the layout, I am not concerned that baseboard lengths are long, rather I am trying to minimise baseboard joins as these are always a potential source of problems.

mrsax2000

Consider making the fiddle yard double ended, even if top or bottom is dbl-ended?