News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Creating Surface Question

Started by Hairyscotsman, March 13, 2021, 11:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairyscotsman

Apologies but I am guessing there is a simple solution to this but after playing about all day it's beyond me.
I have set up my shed dimensions and am seeking to set up my board dimensions, which will run around the shed with a central operating well.  My question is, I am using the create surface command but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to "cut out" the central operating well?  I know I am being dim but am at a loss so would welcome a push in the right direction. TIA

BadBanana

The answer is not to stop clicking when you have a rectangle, but to add additional points so that the outline becomes something in the shape of a letter C, except that you can draw the two ends of the C so that they touch.   The attached shows the idea, but you would need to adapt it to your own scale and dimensions.

There may very well be other methods, but this works well enough for my needs.   

RCMan

Click on the outline of your Table Top.
Go to the "Surfaces" folder and click on the "Table Top" Box.
Select the 3D Icon and you should see your Table Top with your opening.

Dennis
Dennis
Bonham Texas

BadBanana

Quote from: RCMan on March 14, 2021, 02:05:11 PMClick on the out outline of your Table Top.
Go to the "Surfaces" folder and click on the "Table Top" Box.
Select the 3D Icon and you should see your Table Top with your opening.

Dennis
I missed that step in my response... Thanks.