News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Newby to AnyRail

Started by jhn_plsn, March 15, 2021, 03:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhn_plsn

Hey there Guys and Gals, I do hope all is well in your world of model railroad track planning. I have been working on improving my garage to house an N scale layout and decided to dive into AnyRail to help me prove my concepts. I have been using 3D Concept and Design since 2003 with good success but thought I should go for something a bit more current with new libraries. I have insulated and covered the walls in the garage but still need to cover the ceiling, so plenty of time to plan.
The basic space is 14'x18' and that 14 could bump out a bit after clearing a doorway space. I hope to build a single level layout using the SP in Socal as inspiration. This would include a yard that I will call West Colton, Old Colton, Loma Linda, and a small section of mainline running through Redlands. Eventually I would like to add second level to include San Timoteo and Beaumont plus Banning. These would mostly be represented by name and a few key place keeper industries and landmarks. There is no way I could represent the area in a prototype fashion so the flavor of the areas is my goal.
Anyway, I hope to take a gander of the content and seek advise as I learn the program.

JP