News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Grades are maddening!

Started by jhn_plsn, March 15, 2021, 04:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhn_plsn

I do not understand how the grades are built in AnyRail. If I build a grade as the program allows I cannot see what the grade is on the track pieces in between the points I used. Is there a way to set a grade on a piece of track using a start point but no end point? I must be missing something.
Thanks,
JP

David

Heights are defined by the endpoints of track pieces.

If you set the height for two endpoints (or connections), select the stretch of track between them, and apply 'Smooth slope', AnyRail will create a slope for you.

Alternatively, you can select an endpoint or a connection, and use the 'Create slope' function. Here, you can set the start height, end height, and grade percentage, and AnyRail will create the grade for you. The length then depends of course on the height difference and the grade.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

jhn_plsn

Thanks David. I am understanding how to manipulate the program more and more. I do like that changes are easily changed back preventing major mishaps.