News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

HO Code 83 Walk in Double Dog Bone Transition Era

Started by B and O Joe, April 09, 2021, 04:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B and O Joe

This was originally posted under "Yet Another Newbie w/Their Track Plan".  I changed to post title to better reflect what I am trying to accomplish. I have made multiple and potentially futile changes to the plan.  Many thanks to Russell for his comments and plan suggestions.  Also a shout out to Bad Banana for S curve advise and RhB_HJ for the Plan View of people.  As before, I welcome all comments.  I am one step closer to being done but never complete.

B and O Joe

Had some time this weekend to further examine my proposed layout.  I added some track and a double slip crossover to make the run around on the yard ladder work.  I also removed some unnecessary track complexities for the passenger station tracks.  I spent some time getting all of the pieces parts into their correct layers, replaced a couple of #5 turnouts with #6 turnouts and made some adjustments in a few places to either straighten out some track or increase the radius.  Once again, I welcome all comments.  Members of this forum have been helpful, thanks.winterberry plan 6b.any

mrsax2000

A very short stub at top of yard ladder. This track also connects to the 2-track siding on top.

May not be much room for more than a short loco in the stub.

Maybe the attached is an option?

B and O Joe

Thanks for taking the time to review track plan.  The intent of the stub was to store yard engines.  However, as your keen eyes identified, the stub was not long enough to serve an useful purpose.  I took your suggestion with a little twist to lengthen the stub.  Thanks again for your comment.

stub fix a.jpg

Russell

Also try to stay away from long straight parallel tracks, throw a little curve in there to break it up. Tt helps vary the amount of space for scenery in front of and behind the tracks.

mrsax2000