News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Using Photographs to Draw your plan

Started by Keano30, April 16, 2021, 09:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keano30

Would it be possible to import a photograph and scale from that to create a layout. For instance my local station is Kilkenny, Ireland. I will take a Drone photo of this station or take an existing image and use this photo to create my layout. If I know the length of an object in the photo I should be able to import this to the Anyrail software in the correct scale ie OO,HO,N scale etc?

Or I could measure, for instance one of the buildings (on an Ordinance survey map), and use that measurement to derive the correct scale?

With the photo imported at the correct scale I can now correctly layout my tracks and building to match the photo.

magnus

I believe you can do this today:
1) Go to tab INSERT, decide how big you want the image and enter in Width and Height, click Add Rectangle and place on canvas
2) Select said Rectangle - a SURFACES tab shows up
3) On the SURFACES tab, select Load Image...
4) Pick the image you want loaded
5) Select the Rectangle again, on the SURFACES tab, select Send to back, to make sure it stays behind your track plan

Not sure how well it will work with your image, but give it a try

Keano30

Thanks you Magnus I will give that a try.