News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Rendering backdrops in 3D view

Started by jhn_plsn, June 01, 2021, 01:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhn_plsn

In my latest plan I have a peninsula that I would like to show up in the 3D view. Is this possible?2021-05-31 (3).png

chaz

Assuming that your blue backdrop panels are "surfaces", then select the surface and set the height. Make sure to tic the height contour box.
MP 525.25 on the Prosser Subdivision of the North Kansas Division of the MOPAC Railroad.

jhn_plsn

Thanks Chaz, but it shows up as the tabletop color rather than the sky blue I assigned it. Any ideas?singlelevelliftbridge5.30.21.1_3D.jpg

jhn_plsn

OK, so I created the shape/table top of my backdrop, clicked on backdrop and nothing. I can see right through it. I clicked on both table top and backdrop and it worked but with a funky wispy color fade from the top. While in 3D I changed the color of the underside to obtain a more desirable color. I feel like an idiot now.

jhn_plsn

jhn_plsn

OK. It is pretty slick with the curved backdrops.

chaz

Very slick, indeed! You should always remember that AR is a 2D drafting program, focused on track design.
MP 525.25 on the Prosser Subdivision of the North Kansas Division of the MOPAC Railroad.

jhn_plsn

Quote from: chaz on June 03, 2021, 04:03:01 PMVery slick, indeed! You should always remember that AR is a 2D drafting program, focused on track design.

Oh yea. I get it, but some people need to see it like this. It's unfortunate that some have good intentions but cause trackplan paralysis. A 3D rendering is a plus to help explain an idea.To bad I can't put a person in there to show how roomy the space actually is.

Thank you for the assist Chaz.