News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Introductions...

Started by Rick Ramsey, June 10, 2021, 04:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Ramsey

Greetings,

I am a retired BSEE with microprocessor design through mainframes. I received an Aurora HO set in my Uncle's White Elephant shop in South Bend, Indiana when I was quite young. I still have the set and so I am in the process of expanding it to make a four lane layout that can be run as a single car running through all four lanes, or two cars running through both sides, or four cars running in their own lane simultaneously. All of this on a 4'x8' plywood board.

I also collect Disney/Schuco Monorail tracks and trains. I would ideally like to incorporate them into the car layout but I am not convinced the monorail track will interfere with the sightline os the road track. Jury is still out.

Although I worked as an Electronics Engineer / Software QA Engineer for 30 years, I retired to following a calling of The Lord. I am now a Hospice Chaplain in Oregon. Some people say that is quite a change, I don't agree. I am still helping those around me, it is the subject and the people around me that have changed their needs from computer issues to life and "what happens when I die" types of issues. But they still need someone to listen.

Blessings,
Rev Rick Ramsey