News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Moving sections of track

Started by Farmhand, June 15, 2021, 10:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmhand

How do I move my entire track plan 10" to the right?
I built my layout on a grid rather than a table, and now would like to add 10" on the left side.  By increasing the grid size, the extra space goes to the right side.  I want the new space on the left.  Any way to do this? Tks
Having fun over analyzing things

Nick the Cabin Boy

Well, this is how I would do it, which is not necessarily the best way, or how David would do it. I'm assuming you have more than just track in your plan.

If you only have track, it's quite simple. Select any connecting point on the track. In the ribbon you will see the X,Y position of that point. Simply add 10" to the X value, and the whole of the track connected there will move. Repeat if there are tracks not connected to the first point.

The method for a plan with objects etc is a little more involved!

Draw a vertical line and place it at 10", 0". Now make sure that ALL your layers are visible. Next hit CTRL-A to select everything. Then CTRL-LEFT CLICK on the line you just drew to un-select it. Now use the right arrow to move everything else until it lines up with your line (use shift-arrow for smaller increments). Finally, click anywhere on the plan to cancel the selection, and you should have what you want.

Hope this helps

Nick the Cabin Boy
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

Farmhand

Wow, that worked great!  That is after I remembered to unglue pieces of track.  ::)
Having fun over analyzing things