News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Good afternoon railway modellers everywhere...

Started by camel_too, August 04, 2021, 08:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camel_too

Good afternoon,

My name is Simon and I have been using AnyRail for a little over 2 weeks.

I have a (UK) medium-sized OO railway in my garage loft (5.8m x 2.88m), a "tail chaser" closely modelled on Yeovil Pen Mill (GWR)

I am a member of a local MRS and have been using AnyRail to plan for friends, possible future layouts and of course to document the layout I started track-laying in Nov 2019. (Yes, I spent 6 months planning it in a general purpose tool!)

Firmly DC, I have uploaded user objects (today) for the Peco LK-55 turntable and Ratio 502 cattle dock (both in OO) with more to follow as many of the buildings I have are not in the 1800+ objects I have downloaded as part of the software.

My personal option is for DC + lots of wiring / switches and use of relays to intelligently switch power between (lots) of sections - not allowing for isolation by points, the up loop has 6 isolated sections, and the down loop has 7 isolated sections.

It is all fun!