News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Object library download failure

Started by Ruud M, September 07, 2021, 12:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruud M

Goodmorning everybody

I had to reinstall Anyrail, due to an HD crash, of course downloaded the whole new version and installed it.
The following problem arises, with the user objects.
After installation I was able to do the download 1 time, received all objects neatly.
A second time was not possible. It did count in the bottom left of the screen, but the left-most of the counter remained empty, and the middle one counted at a furious pace. But no objects inside.
I have specified the "objects library" in Options/User Objects, to another Directory, and then I can Download it again, but that is again 1 time. Etcetera.
I uninstalled the program again, and reinstalled it, in a different location than the default folder: C:\users\username\Appdata\local\Anyrail, instead of on a partition.
However the same problem.

2nd is: That upon reinstallation my data was immediately visible in Anyrail again, despite the uninstallation.
So I didn't have to enter my activation code again. Am I forgetting to uninstall something, or do I have to manually uninstall something, before re-installing.

I'm lost, so/or what am I doing wrong.
Help!!!

David

The counters indicate three things:
new objects found and downloaded / objects scanned / total nr objects on server

So when the first counter stays at 0, it simply means there are no new items.
The default location for the user objects is:
C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\AnyRail\UdoRepos500

If you uninstall, this folder is not removed as it may contain personal user created objects as well.

You can view all the user objects from the USER OBJECTS tab, organized by scale and manufacturer.

Your license is stored in the Windows Registry, and will not be deleted when you uninstall.

So you're doing nothing wrong!
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Ruud M

Hello again
Is it necessary that the file: UdoRepos500 is stored in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\AnyRail
Now i have filed it on a other location, and partition.
And when i have a look at C:\Users\rams\AppData\Local\AnyRail, I only see the 2 directories: Autosave and Log.

Whats the best way.

Now i have on the other location/partition 3 folders: Log, Autosave and UdoRepos500

David

You can't move Log and Autosave.

You can move the user objects to another location using FILE/Options/User objects.

We don't recommend it though, especially when you move it to an external drive. It can lead to all sorts of performance issues.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Ruud M

Thanks for the swift reply.
I'm going to change all, and then see what happens.

Wkr. Ruud
 :)