News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Total newbie ....minitrex catalogue error solved!!!!

Started by Dannrail, September 19, 2021, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannrail

Never used anyrail...so in the deep end..

My minitrex catalogue stated the basic loop with starter set to be 110cm long  by 50 cm  using 7x 14904
12x 14922

But anyrail seemed to show different...

Agonised,did Sherlock Holmes deductions, eventually did the math .. massively enlarged anyrail grid and checked all measurements..and wow..anyrail spot on...finally got some track bits and put them on L shaped layout and so maybe minitrex was suggesting a board size with clearance as it's actually 88cm long the completed  loop.

Now I can build a track with confidence... I attempted 00 gauge flexitrack first time yr ago...got it all wired and working, even electrofrog etc but all trial and error and hassle...Now I hope to get it to  all fit properly N gauge so feel I've learnt something...which I guess is encouraging because I think railway modelling must be about the journey as much as the destination when building a layout...much like real rail travel?

David

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.