News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Dual Guage Ho/Hon3 Turnouts

Started by PRuges, September 20, 2021, 04:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRuges

I am writing as a follow-up to some previous posts about the Shinohara Dual Guage turnouts to be offered in the Track libraries. Could the Fast Tracks Ho/Hon3 (currently in the tack library) be adapted to make the Shinohara turnouts. The Fast Track turnouts are 201mm in length, whereas the Shinohara are 275mm in length for the Number 6 turnouts. The Fastracks Dual Guage would work fine, but they are too short.

Further details were written up by Doug vV (https://www.anyrail.com/forum_en/index.php/topic,2496.0.html) There are four styles of dual gauge #6 turnouts.

1- left hand with left common rail
2- right hand with left common rail
3- left hand with right common rail
4- right hand with right common rail

These are the only ones I am familiar with having been manufactured. (this is correct ed.)

I have a right hand right common rail switch that has SH-D-1011R cast into the tie.

It measures 10.750" on the straight "normal" path.
The throw bar center is at 1.236" from the beginning.
The entire point group is a single piece - it ends 3.080" from the beginning of the switch.
The toad (reverse frog on the switch SG rail crossing NG rail near the points) is located at 4.166"
The first frog is at 5.693" from the beginning. It is a a common rail crossing a NG rail.
The second frog is located at 7.200" from the beginning. At this point the #6 frog is 56.5 scale inches from both outside rails (double gauge - 113" scale inches).
At the the center of the diverging route where the diverging rout rail ends is at about 10.575" from the beginning and is offset by about 1.240"

I am currently planning my layout, and being able to use the correct length would be great.
Thank you for your consideration,
Peter

David

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.