News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

New to Anyrail Need help

Started by lstmysock11, October 08, 2021, 01:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lstmysock11

Hi all

I found a track plan but it is in a PDF and not sure how to even begin to get it into anyrail. Any help would be great, not even sure how to change the PDF to make it as a possible background to plan over it. Could someone help?

Andrew

chaz

Hi Andrew and welcome to the AR.

If you've never used AR, I suggest starting with the AR Tutorials.

Here are the instructions to load an image into AR. Note that you still have to select track from a library and place it over the image.

1. insert a rectangle into your layout (the size does not matter)
2. select the rectangle
2A. tick load image and find an image file (jpg, gif, bmp, tiff, png)
2B. make sure the maintain aspect ratio box is ticked
2C. enter the width of the image inside the small box (80")
2D. tick adjust outline to fit the rectangle to the image
2E. drag the rectangle to fit on your layout
3. Drag your track until it fits the image

To get started, consider creating the twice around tracks without any switches. It looks like the large radius curve is 15"(381mm). The smaller radius curve is 13 11/16" (348mm). We will work on track elevations later.

MP 525.25 on the Prosser Subdivision of the North Kansas Division of the MOPAC Railroad.

BadBanana

I have taken the PDF file and converted to JPG.  This may be easier for you to import or edit further.  I removed the two figures and a little of the text since they were probably not adding much value for your purposes.

Russell

Using Peco Code 80 Streamline track +1 Set track turnout

mrsax2000

If you have more room, you could spread out the curves and over/under pass bits. If you maintain the same clearance, your grades (inclines/declines) will be less steep (easier for your trains to get up/down).

mrsax2000

One approach might be to import (load) the picture of the track plan into a big box. Use it as a guide. Size it to fit. Then start placing your track on top. Eventually, you could delete the box and just have the track plan.

And I now see someone already mentioned this, but better than I did :)

lstmysock11

How about this plan I found. Originally made for HO, Would like to find a way to do this in N scale. But each time I try to get the image into Anyrail everything just goes kittywumpus on me. Thing either gets too big or too small or just way off.

Fyi this would be New York Central NYC If anyone has this plan in N scale

lstmysock11

Trying to get this plan to fit a 3 foot by 8 foot space, this plan in HO is 4x8. Not sure how to set that. If someone could take this image and get it started for me with a 3x8 space and post the file I would be most grateful and can stop pulling my hair out.