News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

My future layout on Kato Unitrack N

Started by mariochi1969, November 07, 2021, 06:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariochi1969

I first apologize for my English. My name is Mario and I am from Spain. I am using GOOGLE TRANSLATE
I want to present you two plans that I have made for measures of approximately 3 x 1 meter. One is flat and the other has a height. I would like you to tell me your opinion to improve this model.
Thank you.

David

These are good first attempts!

However, personally, I think the first plan is a bit dull. At least you should make sure that your standing position is at the station side. Then you can possibly hide the run around loop, or even create a hidden staging yard there to make it a bit more interesting.

The second plan takes a lot of room for what you eventually get to see. And then, I would hide the loops, as these never look very realistic. Once hidden, perhaps you can make visible other straight stretches. These give great opportunity for scenery. I've attached 3D snapshots of your plan and the plan where other parts are hidden and visible.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

mariochi1969

Thank you for your help. I will study your proposal. I liked it a lot.

mariochi1969

Would you have any ideas for those socks and for Kato?
Thank you very much for your help.