News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Feedback on my proposed layout

Started by ausrym, November 12, 2021, 04:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ausrym

Hi all

I just joined the forums yesterday so this is my first post.

I've used layout 6F 8x4 and customised it to suit my vision for what I want.

My main question is whther there's enough clearance between the loops of track for bogie coaches to pass on the curves, in the same or opposite directions.

Any other comments/feedback would be most welcome.  Attached is my layout in various formats, including in AnyRail format.

Should I use a lengths of fleix track on my straights instead of various different set pieces?

Cheers

Ryn

chaz

Hi Ryn,

Welcome to the group.

I've never worked with Hornsby track and don't know what Hornsby recommends. Based on the radius of concentric curves and the switch offsets, I conclude that the track to track spacing is 6.7 cm.

The most strict application would be to set the TRACE to 6.6 CM. If you see white space between the tracks, you should be able to pass safely.

The passenger platforms are your tightest fit...but probably OK according to Hornsby. I suggest reducing the TRACE until the passenger platforms just fit.

Chaz

MP 525.25 on the Prosser Subdivision of the North Kansas Division of the MOPAC Railroad.