News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

What data is exported to JMRI

Started by Chris English, December 29, 2021, 02:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris English

I want to make sure I am not missing some features of AnyRail for my export to JMRI.
In my exploring and experimenting, it seems that only the labelled tracks and turnouts are exported and loaded into the JMRI tables.

Can any of the JMRI tables of; sensors, lights, signal heads, signal masts, blocks and/or sections, be generated in AnyRail with logical items. If so, how please.

I have labelled my track, labelled my turnouts, and all are in sections (unspecified). I thought the sections would translate as blocks, they did nothing. Is there more? A clear list of, the purpose of, and how to use these features seems missing.

Thanks - Chris

David

We've created this export many years ago on request of a number of JMRI users. Unfortunately it's poorly documented on both ends! We know nothing about JMRI, but I can tell you this:

Labels are exported to the turnout table. The username is a unique identifier or the label if it exists.  The system name is a 'IT' followed by a sequence number.

Sections are exported to the block table. The username is 'B_' plus a sequence number, plus the AnyRail section name and usage. The system name is 'IB' followed by a sequence number.

As said, we don't really know how this affects anything in JMRI.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Chris English

Since I do not know enough about how thigs fully work yet, I cannot specify any design requirements for new features regarding those other tables. Maybe another will feel so inclined.

I can add that named 'sections' that have it's 'Usage' set "Unspecified" are not exported. Only the 'sections' with a declared 'usage' are exported.

David

I've just run a test, and unspecified blocks with no name come out like this:
<blocks class="jmri.configurexml.BlockManagerXml">
  <block systemName="IB1" userName="B_1_Unspecified" length="690">
    <systemName>IB1</systemName>
    <userName>B_1_Unspecified</userName>
  </block>
</blocks>
<layoutblocks class="jmri.jmrit.display.configurexml.LayoutBlockManagerXml">
  <layoutblock systemName="IB1" userName="B_1_Unspecified" occupiedsense="2" trackcolor="black" occupiedcolor="red" extracolor="orange">
    <systemName>IB1</systemName>
    <userName>B_1_Unspecified</userName>
  </layoutblock>
</layoutblocks>
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.